Monday, January 21, 2013

Welcome


After taking a hiatus from my fashion blog, Fashion By Alicia, I started to re-evaluate what was really important to me.  I realized that fitness has become a big part of my life and that is what I want to write about.  As I was re-evaluating what I wanted to do with my self, my friend Amy from At the Pink of Perfection suggested I go from Fashion By Alicia to Fitness by Alicia and it stuck.  

2012 was spent getting fit. 

I started using Weight Watchers Online in January 2012 and decided that it would not be a diet but a lifestyle choice.  I knew that if I was going to maintain my weight loss and stay healthy I couldn’t take it as a diet.  I started my weight loss journey with following weight watchers strictly.  I counted my points 7 days a week and I would rarely go out to eat because I wanted to stay strict.  I tried new Weight Watcher recipes that I plan to share and tweaked my own recipes to make them healthier.  As time progressed, I got better with following Weight Watchers and would go out to eat on the weekends and not count my points 7 days a week. 

When I first started my healthy lifestyle change, I didn’t work out.  I was so focused on eating right that I avoided the exercise part.  But then I hit a plateau on my weight loss and realized that I needed to add exercise to really start the “get fit” transformation.  I slowly started walking 3 days a week.  I started with a 3-mile distance and worked my way up.  At the end of March, I decided to sign up for my first 5K with a hope to finish in 45 minutes.  I finished in 41:38.  I couldn’t believe it. 

Ready for my First 5K

I continued walking and increasing my distance when I decided I would do the DRC Half Marathon in November.  I knew I would only be walking it but I still wanted to do it.  So for the next 8 months I spent my Saturdays walking long distances and increasing my speed.  I completed the DRC Half Marathon.  I had hoped to finish in 3 hours but finished in 2:55:43. 

Before the Half Marathon

After tackling the half, I realized I wanted to continue my fitness journey and start running.  I have completed 3 – 5Ks and have signed up for a half marathon.

You may be wondering why I am telling you all of this, well I wanted to explain that I am no fitness expert but I know what works for me.  I have had a lot of questions about my weight loss journey from people on Facebook and Twitter and I thought my blog would be a great way to answer some of those questions, share tips that have helped me, and even show some fun workout looks. 

I plan on trying to post a few times a week, but if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to email me at fitnessbyalicia2013@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Yay Alicia! I've missed you and I'm so glad you are doing well with a healthy lifestyle! I can tell you this is going to be very inspiring for me, as I'm trying to get back in shape this year. Eating healthy will be more of a challenge because I like quick on the go type of meals, but I'm excited to keep going and hopefully see results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow lady, you look amazing! What an inspiration you are!

    ReplyDelete