Friday, February 1, 2013

Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred


Although I am running 5 days a week, I still want to work on toning up my body and my overall fitness.  I decided that Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred is the workout for me.  

When I first started losing weight in January 2012, I thought I would give the 30 Day shred a try.  Boy did it kill me!  By Day 5, I could barely walk up my stairs in my house.  Since I was so sore, I gave up.  I avoided Jillian after that because honestly she scared me.  But after my half marathon in Novemer, I decided I needed to give Jillian a try again to lose some inches and get more toned.

I started in the middle of November and finished the whole 30 days.  I was shocked by how much more fit I was.  I didn't want to die nor did I want to yell at Jillian throughout my workout.  30 Day Shred focuses on a 3-2-1 interval system of 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs.  The DVD has 3 levels that get progressively harder each level.  I started with level 1 and never went to level 2 because I was concerned that moving up with mess with my running schedule.  I also started with 2 pound weights and worked my way to 5 pound weights.  I saw a big difference in my body after finish 30 day shred.  Jillian is tough but she knows what gets results and helps you get the results you want.  


Right side before; Left side after

The first time completing 30 day shred I lost:
1 inch - Chest
3.5 inches - Waist
2 inches - Hips
.5 inches gained in my biceps
1 inch -Right Thigh
.5 inch - Left Thigh

I was so pleased with the results that I decided I was going to start the 30 Day shred again.  This time around, I decided I would likely need motivation given my running schedule so I asked my friends and family on Facebook if they wanted to be part of the challenge.  Around 20 people signed up for a private Facebook group and we have been motivation each other since Monday, January 21st.  I must say that I am so proud of the girls that have been doing 30 Day Shred and so thankful for the motivation.  I have had days that I didn't want to do it but they have inspired me to keep going.

I am not doing 30 Day Shred for 30 consecutive days due to my running schedule, but am doing it 4 days a week and plan on doing it for at least 30 days.  Here is a look at my before photo as well as my measurements:


Chest - 34 inches
Waist - 26 1/2 inches
Hips - 34 inches
Right Bicep - 11 inches
Left Bicep - 11 inches
Right Thigh - 21 inches
Left Thigh - 21 inches 

Once I am finished I will share my results.  I am already seeing more ab definition and am really excited.  As I work out, I can see my self getting stronger and my fear of working out fading.  And although I have pain when I am working out, I know that it is just weakness leaving my body.  


1 comment:

  1. Alicia! This is so motivational and I can't believe the results from last November! You honestly looked great before, but holy crap you look SO amazing after! I am only on day 3 today, so wish me luck! I am taking a trip with my boyfriend in March which is my motivation to stick to the whole 30 days. Running and lifting/elliptical time at the gym are my other work outs, but I have to be honest I hate running during the winter so looking forward to some warmer days!

    ReplyDelete