Monday, February 4, 2013

Weight Watchers Broccoli-Cheese Soup


With all of working out, I decided I needed to switch up my lunch and get something a little more filling.  So I decided to go with soup and a sandwich.  I decided I would try Weight Watchers Broccoli-Cheese Soup.  The recipe is pretty simple and very tasty (although I wish it had thickened a little more).  

For the recipe you will need:

2 tsp olive oil
½ cup uncooked onion, minced
16 oz frozen chopped broccoli
29 oz canned chicken broth
4 oz low-fat cheddar or colby cheese, cut into cubes
½ cup fat-free skim milk
½ tsp garlic powder
½ cup water
¼ cup cornstarch

Instructions:

Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 3 minutes, until soft. Add broccoli and broth and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer 3 minutes, until broccoli is tender.


 Reduce heat to low, add cheese and stir until cheese melts; stir in milk and garlic powder.

           
Whisk together water and cornstarch. Add mixture to pan and simmer 2 minutes, until thick. Serve hot. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to give this a try! Looks delicious! And when I'm working out a lot, I definitely need something filling!

    ReplyDelete