Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pork Tenderloin Pot Roast


I posted this photo to Facebook and Twitter last week and I had a few requests for this recipe.  I grew up loving pot roast.  It is/was one of my favorite meals on a cold day.  Since going healthy, I knew I couldn't eat typical pot roast all the time since it isn't as good for me so I decided to try pork tenderloin pot roast.

Pork tenderloin is really lean and this recipe is extra easy.  What you will need:

Pork Tenderloin (I typically buy a two pack)
Russet potatoes (7 or more if desired)
1 Onion
1 Large bag of baby carrots
Season Salt
Garlic Powder
Cinnamon
Pepper
Brown Sugar
Chicken Broth Reduced Fat
A Crock Pot

First cut your onion and place half of it in the bottom of the crock pot, then place 1/2 a bag of the carrots in the crock pot, and then 3 1/2 potatoes.  I then season the pork by sprinkling it with garlic powder, season salt, cinnamon, and pepper.  Then cut the pork into 2-3 inch sections.  Place half the pork tenderloin on top of the carrots and potatoes then layer again with potatoes, carrots, and pork.  Fill the crock pot with water and about 1/2 cup of chicken broth and add 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.  

Put the crock pot on low and let it cook for 8 hours or until tender.  I served it with 6 ounces of pork, 1 cup of carrots, and 1 cup of potatoes for 9 points.  This meal is simple and easy and very low points.

No comments:

Post a Comment