Monday, January 28, 2013

What do I eat?

After my weight loss success, I have received numerous questions one what I eat.  As I mentioned before, I follow Weight Watchers online to keep track of what I eat and to make sure I stay healthy. I try to eat a serving of fruit or vegetables with each meal and most of the time I eat multiple servings of fruit.  Weight Watchers recommends that you use all your daily points.  I must say that I never do this but I am never hungry.  I think because I have so much filling fruit I stay full.  However, if I am hungry I will eat.  

I start my day with breakfast.  I never was much of a breakfast eater, but I have learned that this helps me avoid getting hungry throughout the day.  If I eat breakfast, I know that I will not be reaching for an unhealthy snack before lunch.  Right now, I have been eating a lot of fruit with breakfast.  I always eat a banana because it always helps me avoid leg cramps.

My current breakfast looks like this:


1- whole wheat waffle with a tsp of reduced fat peanut butter
1- banana 
1-clementine
1-grapefruit (cut in half with a 1/2 of Tbsp of sugar on each half)
Point Value - 5 points

For lunch, I typically go with a salad route.  I want to make sure I get vegetables at lunch since I am not getting any at breakfast.  My typical lunch includes:

1 1/2 cups - Spinach
1 - clementine
1 - apple
1/4 cup - Kraft Shredded Cheese Fat Free
2 Tbsp of Reduced Fat Salad Dressing (Love Kraft Catalina right now)
1 - Container of Dannon Greek Yogurt with Fruit on the Bottom (blueberry is my favorite)
Point Value - 4 points 

Dinner is always my bigger point value.  I figure I have been extra healthy throughout the day why not eat something a little more filling at dinner time.  I also try to get my protein/meat in at dinner time.  My dinners vary and I plan to show those recipes throughout the blog, but one night last week I had fish tacos.  These were pretty simple and the best part my husband prepared them.


2 - Carb Balance Flour Tortillas
1 - Fillet of Trout
1 - Cole Slaw Mix (in fat free sour cream and reduced fat mayo)
1/4 cup - Kraft Shredded Cheese Fat Free
Point Value - 14 points

I am allowed 26 points a day and for this day I used 23 of my points.  I also had 6 servings of fruits and vegetables, 2 servings of milk, and at least 8 servings of water.  

What do your daily meals look like?  Are you eating enough vegetables?

Have any questions, email me at fitnessbyalicia2013@gmail.com

1 comment: