Thursday, March 14, 2013

Greek Yogurt Pancakes


So one of my favorite fitness blogs, Meals and Miles has been raving about the Greek Yogurt Pancakes by Everyday Bell,    this weekend I decided I need ed to give them a try.  When I looked at the recipe I knew I could make them a little healthier so I changed the recipe a little. 
For the recipe you will need:
6 ounces of Greek Yogurt (0%) – I used vanilla
 
1 egg
½ scant cup of flour (just a little less than ½ cup)
1 tsp of baking soda
For directions check out Everyday Bell.
These pancakes were simple and delicious.  I had two fairly large pancakes for 4.5 Weight Watchers Points.  I served the pancakes with ¼ cup of Maple Grove Sugar Free Maple Flavored Syrup.  With the syrup the pancakes were 5.5 points, which is not bad for a weekend breakfast meal.  I served the pancakes with fruit to get a little more substance. 
My only complaint is the batter only makes 4 large pancakes or 8 small pancakes.  Two pancakes were plenty for me, but my husband definitely wanted more.  Next time, I will be doubling the batch and any left overs will be put in the fridge and used for breakfast throughout the week. 
This recipe gives you a great healthy breakfast option that makes you feel like you are splurging when you really aren’t.  I hope you will give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment