Sunday, October 13, 2013

Weekly Workout Recap - Week of October 7th



This week was an overall good week of working out.  I did cut a few workouts but I've been trying to listen to my body.  I'm officially two weeks out from my half marathon so I'm trying to take it semi easy.

Monday:

Monday was the first day adding side planks to my routine.  I started the day with a forearm plank then 30 seconds on each side for the side planks.

I ended the workout with 30 Day Shred and 2 miles on the treadmill.

Tuesday:
Tuesday started off as normal.  30 Day Shred and my planks.

Then I took Sophie for a 1 mile walk along the Meremac river.  She loved the trail and I plan to try to take her more often.  

After our walk, I loaded up my bike and headed to Grant's Trail to do a short ride.  I wasn't feeling the entire trail since I'm trying to take it easy on my legs.  I rode 10.76 miles in 45 minutes.


Wednesday:
I woke up Wednesday not wanting to do my speed work run.  I decided to cut it and just do 2 miles on the treadmill, 30 Day Shred, and my plank. 

Thursday:
My stomach felt off again.  I'm not sure what's causing the issues but I knew I didn't have a run or 30 Day Shred in me. So I did my planks and spent the day watching almost all of The White Queen.


Friday:
I definitely wanted to do better than Thursday.  So I started the day with my planks and 30 Day Shred.


Then I took Sophie to Simpson Lake.  She absolutely loved it.  We walked 1.6 miles in 30 minutes.



Saturday:
J and I met the St. Louis Track Club for our weekly long run.  This week we met at Creve Couer Lake Trail.  The weather was perfect and the trail was really nice.  Since I'm in my taper stage, I only ran 8.10 miles in 1:30:00.  I pushed myself but felt comfortable the entire time.  My knee felt decebt and my back didn't hurt so hopefully that means I'm ready.

Saturday's run did not go well for J.  His back is really bothering him.  Fingers crossed that it's nothing serious and that he can run his second marathon in 2 weeks.

Sunday:
We were hosting football watching so I knew I couldn't really go for a ride.  So I decided to do my 30 Day Shred and planks then took Sophie for a 1.2 mile walk.

Total Workouts:
6 Hours 45 minutes
30 Day Shred - 5 Days
Planks - 7 Days
12.1 miles running
10.76 miles biking
3.8 miles walking with Sophie

For more from Fitness By Alicia check out:
-Instagram: FitnessByAlicia
-Twitter: FitnessByAlicia
-Facebook: Fitness By Alicia
-Email: fitnessbyalicia2013(at) gmail (dot) com



No comments:

Post a Comment