Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Skinny Cobb Salad


J and I are trying an experiment.  Normally, we plan are meals weekly.  But for the month of June we have decided to plan our meals monthly.  I have left days open for things like two cookouts we have planned as well as the weekend that we are moving.  We decided to loosely follow The Supper Club by Skinny Mom to get our recipes.  Since I will be making new recipes I will share the Skinny Mom recipes and my thoughts and changes.  Some of the recipes were not gluten free so I will be changing them to account for that.

The first recipe that I made was the Skinny Cobb Salad.  

Serving Size:

Approximately 2 Cups

343 calories 

9 weight Watchers Points 

Ingredients:

12 oz mixed greens
1½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, boiled + shredded with a fork
1 cucumber, chopped
4 Campari tomatoes, diced
2 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
1 ripe avocado, pitted and diced
3 slices cooked turkey bacon, 
Crumbled ½ cup reduced-calorie blue cheese or reduced-calorie ranch dressing

Instead of boiling the chicken breasts, I seasoned them with season salt, garlic powder, and dried thyme and baked for 30 minutes.  

I also used turkey pepperoni instead of bacon.  I had turkey bacon for another recipe and decided to use it instead.

I also went with Fat Free Balsamic dressing because I enjoy it more than the reduced-calorie ranch.

Instructions:

There are two ways of serving this dish. 

Option 1: In a large salad bowl combine all ingredients and toss.

Option 2: In four shallow salad bowls divide ingredients and layer as follows: mixed greens, shredded chicken, cucumber, diced tomatoes, egg, diced avocado, bacon crumbles. Then drizzle 2 Tbsp of dressing on each.

I went with option 2 so that I could eat the dish for a few days.  

Do you plan your meals daily, weekly, or monthly?

For more from Fitness By Alicia check out:
-Instagram: FitnessByAlicia
-Twitter: FitnessByAlicia
-Facebook: Fitness By Alicia
-Email: fitnessbyalicia2013(at) gmail (dot) com

No comments:

Post a Comment