Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Skinny Taste's Slow Cooker Beef Tacos


Right now I am obsessed with making recipes that use my slow cooker.  My baby's nap schedule still is a little questionable so recipes that require the least amount of work is perfect for my family.  That's where my slow cooker comes in.  Last week, I tried Skinny Taste's Slow Cooker Beef Tacos.  The recipe was a huge hit at our house and I will be making again.  I did use a little more cumin than the recipe called for (but I love cumin).   I also used soft tacos instead.  

Yields:  8 Servings 

Serving Size:  2 Tacos

Weight Watcher Smart Points:  9

Calories:  383

Ingredients:

  • 2 pounds 93% lean ground beef
  • 1 tablespoon cumin
  • 2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 small onion, minced
  • 2 cloves crushed garlic
  • 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
  • 1 cup tomato sauce
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 16 corn taco shells
Toppings:
  • 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar
  • 2 plum tomatoes, diced

Directions:

Check out Skinny Taste for the step by step directions.



No comments:

Post a Comment