Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Workout Wednesday - Side Plank With Knee Tuck



It's been a little while since a Workout Wednesday post mostly because I have been focusing more on swimming, running, and biking that my other workouts haven't happened.  I am hoping to be better and start focusing on both.  The summer is upon us and I definitely want to have that bikini body (I type this as I shove beef and broccoli leftovers in my mouth).  I definitely must do better.  Next week, my husband will be out of town so I should be better because I won't feel like I need to be spending time with him.  So bring on 30 Day Shred and 6 Week 6 Pack.

The Side Plank With Knee Tuck is from Jillian Michael's 6 Week 6 Pack and let me just say it is nearly impossible for me. 

For the move, lie on your left side and set up in a side plank, with your legs straight and your weight resting on your left forearm or if you are more advanced balance on your palm. Align your body so it forms a straight line from your neck to your ankles and put your right hand on your hip. Lift your left leg and bend that knee, bringing your foot next to the inside of your right knee. Your body weight is now resting on your left forearm and the inside edge of your right foot. Hold for 30 to 45 seconds, then repeat on the other side.

If you are more advanced do multiple repetitions of this move.  For 6 Week 6 Pack, we do multiple repititions and lets just say I struggle and use a few choice words at Jillian.  This move works your core as well as your thighs.

No comments:

Post a Comment