Friday, August 30, 2013

Where Have I Been?

It has been a long time since I have written a blog post.  A lot has happened since my last post and I thought I would do a quick recap and let you know the direction I am headed.

First, I have been training like crazy for my first triathlon.  Monday, I will be participating in the Blackland Triathlon.  So I will be swimming 300 meters, biking 15 miles and running 3.1 miles.  I have a specific time that I would love to finish in but deep down if I finish I will be proud of myself.  I never thought when I started on my fitness journey that I would be running let alone completing a triathlon.

Second, I am moving.  I love the Big D, but J took a job in St. Louis so we are moving.  Next week!  With the move comes stress but I think it is a great opportunity for us.  Since, I cannot transfer with my job I am currently unemployed again but looking slowly.  The good news about J's new job is that I do not have to work unless I want to.  I definitely want to work but I am being selective and have some ideas floating.  The being unemployed is good for my readers.  I will be back to blogging more regularly and plan on doing a few revamps and new post ideas.  So I am getting excited about that.

Lastly, I am starting another fitness challenge.  This challenge is for the month of September running September 1st through September 30th.  The challenge requires you to workout 5 days a week for 30 minutes (any activity).  If you keep this up for the month of September, you will be entered to win a $25 gift card from any store!  If you are interested, contact me fitnessbyalicia2013@gmail.com.

I promise a recap of my race Monday as long as it doesn't rain.  Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment