Thursday, November 21, 2013

Weight Watchers Sour Cream Sauce Chicken Enchiladas



When J and I were in Dallas, I fell in love with a sour cream sauced chicken enchillada.  The meal was not good for me but I would eat it as a treat after a big workout or when I was stressed.  Since our move, I have not been able to find the dish nor should I be eating it because let's face it sour cream sauce isn't healthy or good for you.  But I have definitely been missing the dish.  So I took to the internet to find a healthy option.  When I found the Weight Watchers Sour Cream Sauce Chicken Enchiladas recipe, I knew we had to try it.  The dish isn't exactly like the dish in Dallas, but it definitely hits the spot.

For the recipe you will need:
-4 cooked bonelss skinless chicken breasts
-2 Tbsp Ortega Diced Green Chilles (I did not use chilles becuase I didn't want the dish to be spicey)
-1 Cup Reduced Fat Mexiacn style blend shredded cheese (I used fat free)
-6 Tbsp reduced-fat sour cream (I used fat free)
-12 items Mission White Corn Tortillas (I used Carb Balance Flour Tortillas - same point value)
-1 tsp vegetable oil
-2 cloves garlic (I used 2 Tbsp of minced garlic)
-1/8 cup cilantro
-2 cups low-fat canned cream of chicken soup made with fat-free milk
-1 tsp table salt
-1 tsp black pepper

Directions:
Spray a dutch oven with 2 sprays of cooking and 1/2 tsp oil. Quarter an onion and 2 carrots and cook until tender.


Add chicken, cook until chicken is almost done, add 2 cups of water and continue to cook until cooking is complete.

Remove from broth and let chicken cool. Dice into small cubes.

Use 1/2 tablespoon oil and place on griddle. Cook all 12 tortillas until soft enough to roll. Careful to not toast tortillas.  Instead of using a griddle, I placed the tortillas on a plate and covered with a wet paper towel.  I then heated in the microwave for 30 seconds, flipped and heated another 30 seconds.  This allowed the tortillas to be able to roll easily without dirting a griddle. 


In a blender, add sour cream, cans of soup, garlic cloves, chicken broth from cooked chicken, cilantro and 1/2 can of green chili's. Blend until smooth. Chop the other 1/2 can of green chili's and add to sauce. Make sure to drain chili's. 

 

Spray baking dish with 2 sprays of cooking spray. Roll chicken in tortillas add a small amount of cheese to the filling of each enchilada.


Add sauce over rolled up tortillas. 

Cook in oven at 350 degreesfor 20 minutes. Once you take out of oven, drizzle the remaining cheese over enciladas.


You will get two tortillas for 7 points.  As I mentioned, this recipe was delicious and defintiely fullfilled my taste for Mexican food.  

For more from Fitness By Alicia check out:
-Instagram: FitnessByAlicia
-Twitter: FitnessByAlicia
-Facebook: Fitness By Alicia
-Email: fitnessbyalicia2013(at) gmail (dot) com

No comments:

Post a Comment