Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Workout Wednesday - Turkish Get-Up


 
 
My personal trainer has been pushing my body in ways that I never thought was poissible.  A few weeks ago, she demonstrated the Turkish Get-Up.  I really didn't think it would be possible for my body to do this, but some how I was able to complete 3 sets of 10 of the workout.
 
The Turkish get up seems simple.  You lie on your back holding a kettbell overone shoulder then you stand up while keeping the weight above your head the entire time this workout is a total body workout but really works your legs, core, and arms.  My core and arms were sore for several days after this workout.  Try the workout with a small amout of weight and then work your way into heavier weights.  If it is to difficult, try the workout without weights.
 
 
For more from Fitness By Alicia check out:
-Instagram: FitnessByAlicia
-Twitter: FitnessByAlicia
-Facebook: Fitness By Alicia
-Email: fitnessbyalicia2013(at) gmail (dot) com


No comments:

Post a Comment