Thursday, February 27, 2014

Review - Shurky Jurky



Shurky Jurky followed me on twitter a few weeks back and sent me a sample of their jerky.  I know jerky isn't the healthiest items.  But I liked the idea behind Shurky Jurky.

Shurky Jurky is made from scratch, by hand, using real fruit and without any refined sugars, additives, non-natural flavorings or preservatives.  I love there are no additves to the jerky.  Also I like the fact that Shurky Jurky is 100% Paleo, Primal, Gluten-free, and Whole30 Compliant.

Shurky Jury comes in five flavors including Traditional Smoked, Peppered, Spicy, Guajillo Chile, and Sesame. 


I received a sample of pork, beef, and porky jerky in traditional smoked flavoring.  The beef comes from natural, pasture raised cattle that consumed pesticide-free and chemical-free grass.  The pork is from pigs that are free-range and consume non-GMO grains, and never feed on animal proteins or hormones.  The turkey is from free-range turkey sourced from nearby family operated poultry farms. 

J and I decided to split the jerky so we could both get a feel for it.  The pork and beef were absolutely delicious!  The jerky wasn’t too dry like some and the traditional smoked flavoring was a little spicy but not enough to make my poor mouth burn.  We both really enjoyed the pork and beef.  I didn’t like the turkey jerky as much.  The turkey was a little drier but the smoked flavoring worked well on the turkey.

So what is the nutritional value for the beef, pork, and turkey?

Beef – 2 oz bag
Serving Size ½ bag
Calories – 90
Total Fat - 2g
Total Carbs – 5g
Fiber – 1g
Protein -13g

Weight Watchers Points – 2 points

Pork – 2 oz bag
Serving Size ½ bag
Calories – 90
Total Fat – 1.5g
Total Carbs – 5g
Fiber – 1g
Protein 11g

Weight Watchers Points – 2 points

Turkey – 2 oz bag
Serving Size ½ bag
Calories – 80
Total Fat – 1 g
Total Carbs – 4g
Fiber – 1g
Protein – 14g

Weight Watchers Points – 2 points

I like the fact that I can eat a ½ bag of jerky for only 2 Weight Watchers Points!  Woo Hoo!  If you would like to try Shurky Jurky you can buy it here.  A small bag starts at $8.99.

Disclosure:  I received a Sample of Shurky Jurky in order to write my review.  All opinions are mine and mine alone.  I am disclosing this in accordance with FTC 16 CFR Part 255 concerning the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising.

Have you tried Shurky Jurky?  Would you try Shurky Jurky?

For more from Fitness By Alicia check out:
-Instagram: FitnessByAlicia
-Twitter: FitnessByAlicia
-Facebook: Fitness By Alicia
-Email: fitnessbyalicia2013(at) gmail (dot) com

No comments:

Post a Comment