Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Weight Watchers Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip


Since one of my resolutions for 2014 was to lose the weight I gained with our move, I knew I had to eat healthy for the Super Bowl.  If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook, you know I have been sharing several crazy Super Bowl facts.  For instance, potato chips alone account for a nationwide consumption of 1.8 billion fat grams equivalent to 4 millions pounds of human blubber or about 13,000 300 pound NFL Linemen.  I didn't want to be that person!  So I stuck with some healthy recipes including Weight Watchers Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip.  

For the recipe you will need:

1 Tbsp Light Butter
1 Cup uncooked onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic cloves minced
10 oz chopped frozen spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
8 oz canned water chestnuts, sliced, drained and coarsely chopped
14 oz canned artichoke hearts without oil, quartered, drained and coarsely chopped 
8 oz 1/3 less fact cream cheese, softened
8 oz reduced-fat sour cream
1 cup low fact shredded cheese
1 tsp hot pepper sauce (I did not include this in mine)
1/2 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 spray cooking spray 

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350°F.


Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. 


Add spinach, water chestnuts, and artichokes; sauté 2 minutes. 


Add cream cheese, sour cream, 1⁄2 cup of Cheddar cheese, hot sauce, salt and pepper. 


Spoon into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining 1⁄2 cup of Cheddar cheese. Bake at 350°F for 18 to 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

I served the dip with carrots, celery, and Trader Joe’s Reduced Fat Pita Chips.  The dip is 1/4 cup for 2 Points.  The Chips were more points.

I loved this recipe!  It was simple and I plan on using it for parties so that I have something healthy and tasty to eat!!

What did you eat for the Super Bowl?  Will you try this recipe?

For more from Fitness By Alicia check out:
-Instagram: FitnessByAlicia
-Twitter: FitnessByAlicia
-Facebook: Fitness By Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment