Friday, June 6, 2014

Fashion Fitness Friday: Summer Essentials


If you didn't know, when I first started blogging I was a fashion blogger.  That's right!  I have a love of fashion but my love of fashion shifted to a love of working out.  But who says you can't be fashionable when working out?  I can say I start most of my workouts in cute outfits but by the end I definitely am a sweaty mess.  With that in mind, I have decided to start a Friday series where I pick some fashion items that are great for working out.  

This week's Fashion Fitness Friday is geared to Summer Essentials.  With the weather heating up, I thought I would share some of my favorite summer essentials. 

A breathable tank top:  


Last summer, I fell in love with a mesh tank top from Under Armor.  Although the tank I wore last summer is no longer available from Under Armor, the Woman's UA Fly-By Stretch Mesh Tank is just like the previous tank.  These tanks are mesh so they breath extremely well and they look pretty cute. The Fly-By Stretch Mesh Tank is available in 14 colors and is $29.99.  There is also a printed Fly-By Stretch Mesh Tank for $34.99 and is available in 4 colors.

Visor or Hat:


I have a lot of hair.  So much so that headbands normally can't hold my hair back.  Therefore, I always run in a visor or hat.  I like to have something on my hair to help save my hair from heat and sun damage as well as give me shade.  I love the Brooks Sunshield Visor.  I had this visor when I first started working out and it worked great.  It has moisture wicking capabilities plus it is light in color so perfect for the summer.  My only complaint with the visor is that when I sweat, it left sweat prints on the hat.  But for only $12.99 it is a perfect addition for each summer.  

Sunglasses:


I have expensive driving sunglasses but in the past I had bad luck with fitness sunglasses.  These tend to fall off my face and then break.  Luckily, I received the IRONMAN Victorious Sunglasses as a gift from J and they have been perfect.  These sunglasses are sturdy.  They have fallen off my face a few times and they haven't broke.  The sunglasses also provide 100% UVA and UVB protection (a must when you are outside working out).  Another great factor?  These sunglasses won't break the bank.  They are only $29.99.

Socks:


I think finding the perfect moisture wicking socks for summer are a must.  I have had issues in the past with my socks rubbing blisters and leaving my feet too moist in the past.  That was until I found Mitscoots.  These socks are absolutely amazing.  I received two pairs for free (read the review here) but they are now the only socks I reach for when I am going for a run.  The socks cost $22.99 for a 3 pack. 

What are your summer essentials?

For more from Fitness By Alicia check out:
-Instagram: FitnessByAlicia
-Twitter: FitnessByAlicia
-Facebook: Fitness By Alicia
-Email: fitnessbyalicia2013(at) gmail (dot) com

No comments:

Post a Comment