Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Review: Mitscoots



About two weeks ago, I received two pairs of socks from Mitscoots.   Mitscoots is an Austin, Texas based company with a wonderful story, mission, and great socks.

While volunteering along the streets of Austin in 2008, Mitscoots discovered that there is a high demand for socks for those on the streets.  That is when the idea of Mitscoots was developed.  Mitscoots are socks that are 10% made in American.  In addition, Mitscoots has the mission of get+give+employ.  So what does this mission mean?


Mitscoots are socks that are made 100% in the U.S.A.  Their products are manufactured in North Carolina and packaged in Austin.  Mitscoots use a temper-padded sole, combed cotton, hi-visibility green fiber, elastic arch support, and a low profile seam. 


For every pair of socks purchased, Mitscoots gives away another pair to someone in need.  Mitscoots has partnered with a number of local and national charities to give away as many socks as possible. 


Mitscoots understands that not having a clean pair of socks is only part of the problem.  The greater problem stems from individuals not being able to provide for themselves.  Therefore, Mitscoots has partnered with several organizations that specialize in taking individuals off the streets and getting them into steady employment situations.  Mitscoots provides those in need with an opportunity to get back on their feet by helping package each pair of socks.


Now that you know a little about the company, let’s discuss the socks.  I received two pair of socks from Mitscoots, the socks were individually packaged by Ellis.  When I felt the socks, I immediately felt like they were the softest workout socks that I have ever dealt with.  But since they were soft, I wasn’t sure how they would hold up when working out.  I loved everything about the company but I needed the socks to compare to other athletic socks. 

I wore the socks on three occasions before writing this review.  I wore the socks to a training session with my personal trainer, a trip to the zoo with my nephew, and while running the Cinco K Mayo 5K race on Sunday. 

During my training session, the socks felt cool and the padding was perfect for doing squats, lunges, and burpees.

The socks were also perfect for the zoo.  I spent a morning at the zoo walking around with my mother in law, sister in law, and nephew.  We did a great deal of walking and the socks did not rub or cause any issues.  The socks also provided great support while doing all the walking.


The race was the real test for the Mitscoots.  I typically wear thorlos for running and lately on any run I have been getting a blister on the side of my big toe.  The blister comes on any distance and is pretty annoying.  I decided to give the Mitscoots a try for the 5K.  I figured if they did give me a blister it wasn’t a very long distance and I could survive running 3.1 miles with a blister (because I have done a lot worse).  During the race, I didn’t feel any blisters forming and was pretty sure I was blister free.  But when I got home, I was shocked.  No blisters formed on my feet.

Mitscoots make awesome socks!  I think I have found a new company for running socks and by purchasing them from Mitscoots I help someone in need!  For more about Mitscoots check them out on twitter, instagram, or Facebook.   Plus if you sign up via email on their site, you will receive a 20% off and free shipping off your first order

Have you tried Mitscoots?

For more from Fitness By Alicia check out:
-Instagram: FitnessByAlicia
-Twitter: FitnessByAlicia
-Facebook: Fitness By Alicia
-Email: fitnessbyalicia2013(at) gmail (dot) com

No comments:

Post a Comment