Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Lemon Chicken with Artichokes


I am always on the hunt for new recipes that sound delicious and pretty easy to make.  When I came across the Lemon Chicken with Artichokes recipe from Yummly I knew I had to give it a go.  I changed the recipe a little mostly to make it gluten free.  

For the recipe you will need:

- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, pounded until 1/2 inch thick (I placed the chicken between plastic wrap and pounded with a rolling pen)
- 1/2 cup flour seasoned with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper (Instead of flour, I used gluten free bisquick)
-3 tablespoons canola oil
-1 cup wine
-2 packages frozen artichoke hearts
-1 lemon, sliced thin
-1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
-Shaved parmesan cheese for garnish (I used grated parmesan instead)
-I also used 1/2 cup of fat free chicken broth

Directions

1. Coat chicken in seasoned flour.
2. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium high heat and brown chicken on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.  Instead of a medium skillet, I used my electric skillet.  I also cooked my chicken a little longer than stated.


3. Add wine and artichokes to skillet and bring to a boil.   At this time, I also added the chicken broth.  I do not like the wine taste to over power everything so I added the chicken broth to help with this. 
Cover, turn the heat down to low, and cook for 8 minutes. Uncover skillet and add lemon slices and cook for 2 more minutes.


4. Remove chicken from sauce and bring sauce to a low boil. Cook for another 5 minutes or so until sauce is reduced a little.


5. Return chicken to skillet, stir in thyme until thyme is mixed in and chicken is coated with sauce. Scatter shaved parmesan on top and serve right out of the skillet.


I served the chicken over corn pasta.  But you could serve it with anything you like.  The recipe was definitely a hit!!

Is this something you would make??

For more from Fitness By Alicia check out:
-Instagram: FitnessByAlicia
-Twitter: FitnessByAlicia
-Facebook: Fitness By Alicia
-Email: fitnessbyalicia2013(at) gmail (dot) com

No comments:

Post a Comment