Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Copycat Panera Strawberry Chicken Salad


How the heck is it already July?!  Where did June go?  I guess I spent June moving and getting situated into my new house.  I did knock out a lot of recipes from the Skinny Supper Club and plan to keep using the Skinny Supper Club to plan my meals a month in advance.  J and I did eat out some but I think we definitely stuck with being healthy a larger percentage of the time.  I made the Copycat Panera Strawberry Chicken Salad a few weeks back and it was a major hit!  

Serving Size:

1 Salad Plus 2 TBS of dressing

369 Calories 

2 Weight Watchers Points

Ingredients:

For Salad

3 oz grilled chicken breast, cut into strips
3 cups salad greens
½ cup strawberries, sliced
½ cup blueberries
¼ cup mandarin oranges, canned, in it's own juice; drained + cut into bite-sized pieces
2 Tbsp slivered almonds
¼ cup pineapple chunks

For Strawberry Poppy Seed Dressing

1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp Stevia
1 clove garlic
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp black pepper
2 tsp poppy seeds

Instead of Stevia I used sugar.

Directions:

-Preheat grill to high heat.

-Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Spray with PAM grilling spray. Place on hot grill, cooking 5 minutes on each side. Remove breasts from grill and set aside. Once chicken has had a chance to cool, slice into bite-sized strips.  Instead of grilling I baked my chicken.


-For dressing, place all ingredients except poppy seeds in a blender and blend until smooth. Add poppy seeds to dressing and pour into an air-tight jar or seal-able container and shake until the poppy 
seeds are well mixed. 


-Refrigerated dressing will stay good for up to two weeks.

-Arrange all ingredients on a plate and top with 2 Tbsp of Strawberry Poppy Seed Dressing.

For more from Fitness By Alicia check out:
-Instagram: FitnessByAlicia
-Twitter: FitnessByAlicia
-Facebook: Fitness By Alicia
-Email: fitnessbyalicia2013(at) gmail (dot) com

Wanting to lose weight?  Check out my Weight Loss Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment