Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Gluten Free Pizza Crust


I have been gluten free for 5 months now and I am finally starting to branch out and bake and make "flour" items on my own.

When we were renting, I lived near a restaurant that carried an amazing gluten free pizza crust.  The pizza was delicious and convenient (i.e. they delivered).  Since moving we do not have that option.  Although, I know I shouldn't be making pizza all the time especially this recipe.  I knew I needed to try something.  This recipe isn't perfect but it is pretty darn delicious!

Ingredients:

2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese 
2 Tablespoons of Ground Flaxseed
2 Tablespoons of Coconut Flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
2 eggs

Directions:

-Preheat the oven to 400.  


-In a bowl, mix the cheese, flaxseed, coconut flour, and baking soda.

-In a separate bowl, beat the eggs.



-Add eggs to the cheese mixture and mix well.



-Place mixture on parchment papper on pizza pan.  Spread the mixture out evenly and thinly.  It should make about a 10 inch pizza.



-Bake for 15 minutes.


-Remove from oven and top with favorite pizza sauce and toppings.

-Bake for another 10-15 minutes.  

For more from Fitness By Alicia check out:
-Instagram: FitnessByAlicia
-Twitter: FitnessByAlicia
-Facebook: Fitness By Alicia
-Email: fitnessbyalicia2013(at) gmail (dot) com

No comments:

Post a Comment