Friday, December 30, 2016

Goals for 2017

As I wrap up 2016, I thought I would do a post on my goals for 2017.

If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I had a little girl in May 2016.  2016 was good year personally.  I love my little girl to death but I kind of let myself go fitness wise.   Although I started Weight Watchers at the end of October I am still a long way from where I want to me.  So here are my goals for 2017.

1.  Lose the remainder of my pregnancy weight and then some.  I gained 41 pounds while I was pregnant.  Not a ton but more than I had expected.  I am close to my pregnancy weight but I definitely was heavier than I wanted to be when I got pregnant.  My goal is to get to 169 pounds.  Once at this weight, I may re-evaluate and decide to lose more. 

2.  Track what I eat 90% of the time.  I do best when I am tracking my food.  So I want to track my food using my Weight Watchers app most of the time.  There will be times when I don’t want to track and I am okay with that as long as I do it most of the time.

3.  Get my steps.  I also do better when I am being active.  Right now my workout schedule is non-existent.  I have been getting my step goal every day so I want to continue that but I want to do more.

4.  Workout at least 3 times a week.  Along with getting my steps, I want to do some sort of workout 3 days a week.  I am hoping my little one starts napping more consistently.  But currently she does do well during her first nap of the day.  So instead of doing stuff around the house, I plan to use that time to get in a workout.  I am going to start slow with workout videos that I plan to review here on the blog.  Then I will start creating my own workouts.

5.  Start back to running.  I ran 6 weeks postpartum and then I haven’t ran since.  I miss running.  I am planning to volunteer with Girls on the Run again this season so I need to get back into running shape.  I hate running on the treadmill so this will be challenging.  Hopefully if the weather is decent (but cold) I will get out for a run when possible.  Girls on the Run doesn’t start until February so I have a little time to get in shape.  Once Girls on the Run starts I will at least be running twice a week but I would like to get in better shape running wise and maybe run some races this summer. 

6.  Blog more regularly.  As you can see I am really working on blog posts.  I want to get back into blogging.  I want to share recipes and my weight loss journey again. 


What are your goals for 2017?

No comments:

Post a Comment