Friday, February 22, 2013

DietBet


One of the most popular New Year’s Resolutions is to lose weight.  I am familiar with this resolution because I made it in 2012 and stuck with it and lost 62 pounds.  Only about 8% of Americans stick with their resolution for the entire year.  If you made this resolution and have already stopped you are not too late to get healthy!  Although I am happy with my weight, I know a lot of people who are looking to lose weight and get healthy this year. 

Since the 30 Day Shred Challenge was such a success, I wanted to try something else to help motivate people to lose weight and get healthy.  One of my friends asked if I knew about DietBet and said that the blog Erica House has done a DietBet in the past.  My friend thought it would be a good day to ehlp motivate others to start getting healthy.  As I read into the concept, I decided I really liked the idea.  So what is DietBet and are you willing to join?

DietBet is pretty simple.  You have 4 weeks to lose 4% of your starting weight.  Everyone will put in some money ($20) and after 4 weeks whoever hits their 4% goal is a winner and splits the pot.  This is not a winner take all meaning if you lose you get some money!  How fun is that?

As I mentioned I am not trying to lose weight, but I am going to join to help motivate others!  Meaning I am putting $20 in the pot but won't be getting the benefits.  

The DietBet will begin March 11th and end April 7th.  If you are interested in sticking with your New Year’s Resolution and maybe earn some money along the way join me for the DietBet.

Don't think of the DietBet as a diet but think of it as a lifestyle choice.



No comments:

Post a Comment