Thursday, October 24, 2013

October StrideBox Review

 
For a few months now I have been getting StrideBox.  StrideBox is a monthly subscription service that is geared toward runners.  So far I have really liked the boxes.  They are filled with different nutrition, gels, and a fun different item.
 
Each box comes with The Stride Guide.  The Stride Guide lists what is contained in the box and the retail price for each item.
 
This month's box included the following:
 
-Chocolate #9 - Low Glycemic Index Energy Gel:  The only certified low glycemic index energy gel on the market.  The gel states it will cause no blood sugar spiked.  I am picky when it comes to gels but I plan on trying to do better so I will try this in the future.
Retails - $32/24 gels or $1.33 per gel
 
- Nature's Bakery - All Natural Fig Bar:  All natuyral figs make great fuel for training and running.  Great for pre-run.  I have had these before and I absolutely love them. 
Retails - $19.99/12 bars or $1.67 per bar
I have purchased a 6 pack of these at Walmart for $2.49.
 
-That's It - All-Natural Fruit Bar:  A great bar full of antioxidants with only 2 ingredients - apples and cherries.  I haven't tried this yet but I like that it has no sugar added.
Retails - $19.99/12 bars or $1.67 per bar
 
- Fluid Peformance - Natural Sporst Drink:  Designed for use during exercise, it's revolutionary formula includes multiple energy sources, bioavailable electrolyets, and great taste.  They had this at my first triathlon and it was really good.
Retails - $11.98/8 Packets or $1.50 per packet
 
-Honey Stinger - Organic Stinger Waffle:  Certifed organic waffle sweetened with honey in an easy to carrysnack size.  Use the waffle during training, or as a healthy snack.  I have been wanting to try these for a while so I am excited that they were contained in my box.
Retails - $22.24/16 waffles or $1.39 per bar
 
-Rock Tape - Endurance Tape for Athlete:  Helps athletes improve form and decrease fatigue through better blood flow.  I have been using rock tape since my IT band injury.  It really helps me.
Retails - $20.00/16' Roll
 
-Performance - Pain Relieving Gel:  Pain relief with no pills.  Topical analgesic delivers cooling directly where it hurts.  This is pretty much like Biofreeze and I have to say I really like it for when my body is aching.
Retails - $17.14/4 oz tube
 
-StrideBox - Mesh Gear Bag:  Use to carry your energy products and running gera to your training location.  I like this bag and I am sure I will use it for swimming or after races.
Retails - $8.99
 
The StrideBox is $15 a month.  If you are interested, check it out
 
For more from Fitness By Alicia check out:
-Instagram: FitnessByAlicia
-Twitter: FitnessByAlicia
-Facebook: Fitness By Alicia
-Email: fitnessbyalicia2013(at) gmail (dot) com
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment