Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Gobble Gobble 5K

 
 
 
Thanksgiving Day J and I participated in the Gobble Gobble 5K.  The race took place at the Arnold City Park.  The race started at 8 am, but it was still really cold. 


 

I had planned on wearing my orange compression, lined jacket, compression tights, ear warmers, and gloves.  But when I went outside before the race, I realized what I planned on wearing was not enough.  I added a light compression shirt as a base layer.  And hoped that would be enough. 

 
J also layered to stay warm.  
 
We left the house around 6:30 to arrive in time to pick up our race packet.  The race day packet pick up was well organized and luckily, we didn't have to wait in a long line to get our race bib and long sleeve t-shirt.  The shirts were really nice (especially for the $20 race fee).  The only issue was the shirts were a little big.  I ordered J an XL and myself and L.  The shirts were big, but I have a feeling they will shrink a little after washing.
 
After packet pick up, J and I stayed in the car to be warm until race time.  Since the race was small (1,000 people), we waited until 7:55 before heading to line up.  The race started promptly at 8 am.  Always a plus.  I wasn't sure how the race would go.  I had only ran twice since the half marathon so I knew it wouldn't be a PR.  But I was excited to get some exercise in on Thanksgiving day. 
 
The race was very flat and a great race.  I finished in 32:31 (10:29 pace) not my best but an okay race. 
 
I have a feeling when we are in St. Louis for Thanksgiving we will be doing the Gobble Gobble 5K.
 
 
Did you fun on Thanksgiving Day?
 
For more from Fitness By Alicia check out:
-Instagram: FitnessByAlicia
-Twitter: FitnessByAlicia
-Facebook: Fitness By Alicia
-Email: fitnessbyalicia2013(at) gmail (dot) com
 



No comments:

Post a Comment