Monday, January 27, 2014

Weekly Workout Recap - Week of January 20th

I had been in a pretty good groove working out but I neeed to get better with blogging it.  I am going to try to start blogging my workouts so that I can hold myself more accountable.  Plus, it will allow me to blog more.  I have some great reviews coming up this week of some fun products so watch out!
 
Monday:  Yoga 50 minutes and Walk with Sophie.
 
Monday I woke up with my calvers and ankles sore.  I guess my 2 hour zumbathon on Sunday left me legs tired.  I had planned on running outside (the weather was actually gorgeous) but since my legs were killing me I tried my new yoga videa - Yoga for Weightloss.
 
I also took a walk with Sophie since the weather was nice.
 
Tuesday:  Personal Trainer and Elliptical
 
Tuesday I went to my personal trainer we did a lot of core workouts plus upper body workouts.  My abs were killing me.  I was able to do TRX knee tucks and I couldn't believe it.  The workout inspired me to get on the elliptical once I got home. 
 
I did 15 minutes on the elliptical or 1.02 miles.
 
Wednesday:  Elliptical 30 minutes
 
Wednesday I woke up feeling pretty under the weather.  My allergies (who has allergies in the winter) are really bothering me so I tried to sweat it out but that didn't work.
 
Thursday:  Personal Trainer and 20 minutes on the elliptical
 
Thursday's personal trainer session was all core.  My abs were on fire with many of the exercises.  I was able to do plank rows with 10 pound weights.  I can't believe I was able to do it!
 
After the training session, I knocked out 20 minutes on the elliptical.
 
Friday:  30 Day Shred and Yoga
 
Friday I decided to give 30 Day Shred a go.  I had a long run planned for Saturday and I wanted fresh legs.  30 Day Shred is so much easier now that I workout with the trainer.  I upped my weights to 5 and 8 pound weights depending on the exercise.  I had never beren able to do that.
 
After 30 Day Shred, I did 20 minutes of my beginner yoga DVD.  I am really enjoying yoga.  I am still not very flexible but I am feeling more relaxed.
 
Saturday:  Nada
 
I had been stressing about my long run the entire week.  I had 6 miles planned and 6 miles is the place where my back starts to hurt.  I am not sure what is wrong with me but I just started getting really stressed about the run. 
 
I have had to change my form because of my back and I am much slower so I feel like I am starting back at square one and kind of feel like a failure.  Instead of pushing myself through my anxiety, I gave up.  I took Sophie for a walk and took a much needed rest day.
 
Sunday:  Lots of Walking
 
Sunday wasn't a set exercise.  J and I spent the day doing a lot of walking around the Bike Expo (scored a new bike rack!) and looking at open houses.  Not a great exercise day but a fun day nonethless.
 
I hopefully will be on track this week!
 
 
 For more from Fitness By Alicia check out:
-Instagram: FitnessByAlicia
-Twitter: FitnessByAlicia
-Facebook: Fitness By Alicia
-Email: fitnessbyalicia2013(at) gmail (dot) com
 
 
 
 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment