Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Skinny Tilapia Lettuce Wraps



I have been majorly MIA.  I thought our move would be an easy transition and that I would be able to keep blogging, unfortunately I took a hiatus.  I continued cooking healthy but I just didn't feel like blogging while I was dealing with unpacking, cleaning our old house, dealing with AC issues, etc.  Luckily for you, I finally feel like I have the time to blog again which means an overload of recipes.  I have been sticking with the Skinny Supper Club (with a few breaks and mishaps).  The Skinny Tilapia Lettuce Wrap recipe is delicious and a major hit!  

Serving Size:

2 Wraps (1/3 Fish Mixture in each wrap)

310 Calories

7 Weight Watcher Points

Ingredients:

1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion, diced
2 Tbsp garlic, minced
2 lbs tilapia fillets
1 Serrano pepper, diced + seeded
2 Tbsp diced jalapeños
2 cups diced tomatoes
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
1 lime, juiced
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp black pepper
8 large Romaine leaves
*2 cups purple cabbage, shredded (optional)
*4 Tbsp reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
1 avocado, thinly sliced
(*Optional ingredients are not factored into the nutritional information)

I did not want my lettuce wraps to be spicy so I did not use the Serrano pepper or the dice jalapeños.

Directions:


-In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.


-Add tilapia to skillet and cook 3-4 minutes on both sides until fish turns white.


-Break up fish with spatula into small pieces and mix with onions and garlic.



-Add Serrano pepper, diced jalapeños, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Stir. Cook for another 3-5 minutes.

-Arrange lettuce leaves on a platter. Spoon ⅓ cup fish mixture down the center of each leaf. For added flavor, you have the option of topping each lettuce wrap with ¼ cup of shredded purple cabbage, ½ Tbsp sour cream and a few thin slices of avocado.
This recipe was a major hit in our house!  I definitely want to try it again!!
For more from Fitness By Alicia check out:
-Instagram: FitnessByAlicia
-Twitter: FitnessByAlicia
-Facebook: Fitness By Alicia
-Email: fitnessbyalicia2013(at) gmail (dot) com


No comments:

Post a Comment