Monday, July 7, 2014

Skinny Veggie Spaghetti


Here's another Skinny Supper Club dinner, but I did tweak it a little for my own taste.  I decided to make the Skinny Veggie Spaghetti although I did eliminate some ingredients and turned it into a true spaghetti dish instead of a pasta bake.

Serving Size:

1 cup

225 Calories

6 Weight Watcher Points 

Ingredients:

1 jar Prego® Light Smart Traditional Pasta Sauce ( I used my typical pasta sauce)
16 oz box whole grain rotini pasta (I used Gluten Free Spaghetti)
1 onion, diced
1 cup white mushrooms, sliced thin
cup carrots, shredded 
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
1 Tbsp Splenda (or your favorite sweetener)
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup reduced-fat Parmesan cheese

Directions:



-In a large skillet, add extra virgin olive oil, onion, garlic, mushrooms, and carrots.

-Cook for 3-5 minutes until vegetables are tender

-In a large stock pan, boil water and add pasta. Cook pasta until cooked through. Drain and set aside.



-Add spaghetti sauce to skillet and stir to mix sauce with vegetables.

-Add sweetener to sauce and cover skillet with lid. Cook sauce over medium heat for 10 minutes.

-After sauce has heated through, mix sauce with pasta.

There is still time to enter my Momentum Jewelry giveaway!!

For more from Fitness By Alicia check out:
-Instagram: FitnessByAlicia
-Twitter: FitnessByAlicia
-Facebook: Fitness By Alicia
-Email: fitnessbyalicia2013(at) gmail (dot) com

No comments:

Post a Comment